KOH LARN IS PATTAYA’S MOST POPULAR DAY TIME DESTINATION – THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TAKE THE DAY TRIP TO THE ISLAND DAILY.
KOH LARN IN A NUTSHELL
- KOH LARN IS A SMALL ISLAND 7.5 KM WEST OF PATTAYA CITY
- POPULAR DAY TIME TOURIST DESTINATION
- 5 BEACHES TO EXPLORE AROUND THE ISLAND
- PLENTY OF ACCOMMODATION FOR EXTENDED STAYS
- GET TO KOH LARN BY SPEEDBOAT OR FERRY
KOH LARN – INTODUCTION
Koh Larn (Thai: เกาะล้าน / Island million) is a small Island directly East and 7.5 km’s from Pattaya, Pattaya is 200 km’s South of Bangkok on the Eastern seaboard of Thailand.
Koh Larn is a popular day time tourist destination for holiday makers wanting a day trip away from Pattaya, to swim, sunbath, relax and just have a good time by enjoying all the things on offer. The Island is about 4.5 km’s long from North to South and 2 km’s wide from East to West and getting to the Island is by speedboat or ferry.
You can get around the Island by baht bus, motor bike taxi or rent a motor bike for 200 -350 baht and the Island itself has lots of good sealed roads to travel on to get to the many points of interest on the hilly location.
HOW TO GET TO KOH LARN
There are basically 2 ways to get to Koh Larn –
You can catch a speedboat from many places along Pattaya and Jomtien beach’s for around 1500 – 2500 Baht which can be divided up between the passengers of up to 12 people, and you can be on Koh Larn in as little time as 15 minutes, useualoly landing on the Northern Tawaen beach, which isn’t such a bad deal if your pressed for time and in a hurry.
Taking a ferry from Bali Hai Pier will cost you about 30 Baht and take about 50 minutes to get there, ferries start leaving Pattaya at 7 am, and the last ferry from Pattaya leaves at 6 pm and is a relaxing and pleasant experience with plenty of opportunities to take in the views of Pattaya Bay and snap some holiday photo’s with your girlfriend and buddies.
WATCH THE BALI HAI PIER VIDEO
THE BEACHES OF KOH LARN
However you decide to get to Koh Larn, you will usually land at Na Ban Pier and then just a short walk to the village on the shore or Tawaen beach pier, from there you can catch a taxi and make your way to any one of the 5 beaches –
- Tonglang Beach
- Twaen Beach
- Tien Beach
- Samae Beach
- Naul Beach
Map of Koh Larn – click on markers for beach names.
View Koh Larn Pattaya in a larger map
ACTIVITIES ON KOH LARN
When you get to Koh Larn the activities are pretty standard of any beach side town –
Eating, Drinking, Swimming, sun bathing, banana boating, jet skiing, Para sailing, scooter riding, snorkelling, fishing, sightseeing, coral viewing by submarine, souvenir shopping, mountain biking and hiking. There is also a shooting range on the Island where you can fire a large variety of weapons from hand guns to fully automatic assault rifles and machine guns.
ACCOMMODATION ON KOH LARN
If you don’t want to come back at the end of the day, and want to stay the night, then there are lots of rooms available all over Koh Larn where you can stay suiting every budget –
- Suntree Home (1 / 5)
- Pikun Resort (2 / 5)
- Lom Talay Resort at Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- Sukkee Island Resort (1 / 5)
- Baan Rachawadee at Koh Lan (3 / 5)
- Baan Rin Rak (2 / 5)
- Kampu Resort (2 / 5)
- Kiang Dow Resort (2 / 5)
- Suntosa Resort (3 / 5)
- Baan Romruen Homestay (1 / 5)
- Baan Kan Eang (1.5 / 5)
- Baan Navy Kohlarn (2 / 5)
- Baan Tip Su Kon (2 / 5)
- Mooham at Koh Larn Resort (2 / 5)
- Baan I Taley On Sea (2.5 / 5)
- Baan Coconut At Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- Baan Tonpai Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- Kanjanaporn Resort at Kohlarn (2 / 5)
- Lhong Talay Homestay at Koh Larn (1 / 5)
- Kohlarn Villa (2 / 5)
- The Rest Hotel (2 / 5)
- Baan Captain Hook at Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- PAUSE Resort & Bar (2 / 5)
- Thai House Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- Bee Orchid Pool Villa (3 / 5)
- The Lighthouse Kohlarn (3 / 5)
- Rateesumalee Resort (2 / 5)
- Nong Ying Resort 2 at Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- Nongying Resort (2 / 5)
- Baan Srikoon (2 / 5)
- Baan Rae Koh Larn (2 / 5)
- Chalita Seaview Guest House (2 / 5)
- Baan Kanraya Kohlarn (1.5 / 5)
- Barberry at Koh Larn Hotel (2 / 5)
- Sukkee Beach Resort (2 / 5)
- Baan Sai Thong (2 / 5)
- Baan Rak Nam (1.5 / 5)
- Xanadu Beach Resort Koh Lan (3 / 5)
GETTING BACK TO PATTAYA
Ferries leave Koh Larn every half hour from Twaen pier and Na Ban pier.
Last ferry leaves Koh Larn 5:30 pm, if you miss it you will have to stay the night or hire a speed boat.
Any further questions can be posted in the comments section below.
Pattayaguide hopes you found this information helpful, please share.
This Article has been viewed (1926)
PATTAYAGUIDE.ORG – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PATTAYA