WE GIVE YOU THE BEST TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE AND KEEPING OUT OF TROUBLE WHEN RIDING SCOOTERS AND MOTORBIKE IN PATTAYA
IN A NUTSHELL
- A SCOOTER IS THE BEST WAY TO GET AROUND PATTAYA
- A SCOOTER IS THE MOST DANGEROUS WAY TO GET AROUND PATTAYA
- HAVING CORRECT DOCUMENTS LESSENS POLICE FINES
- POLICE TARGET TOURISTS FOR FINES
SCOOTERS GIVE YOU FREEDOM
Riding a scooter around in Pattaya is fun, and the best and fastest way to get around Pattaya, especially if you want to cover lots of ground quickly and have the freedom to go site seeing at your own pace and on your own schedule.
MOTOR BIKES ARE DANGEROUS
But let me start by saying that – Every year in Pattaya and Thailand, hundreds of tourists are killed in motorbike accidents and thousands are injured as well, not to mention the Thai death toll on bikes.
If you have no push bike skills and or no motorbike riding experience, then Pattaya really isn’t the place to learn the basics, it can be pretty dangerous and there is a good chance of having a scary moment or two and even a crash.
For very graphic images just do a Google image search on Motor bike accident, Pattaya.
SCOOTERS ARE EASY TO RIDE
But with that being said, the good news is, the automatic scooters can be mastered in a day or two even for the novice. You and your friends can be zooming around together having a ball, exploring all that Pattaya has to offer in super fun fashion. Footloose and fancy free, cruising up and down, around and round the many Soi’s of Pattaya, Nakluea and Jomtien.
SCOOTER VS HARLEY
Having a scooter in Pattaya makes everywhere in a 20km radius, easy, cheap and quick to get to, and the trip getting to your destination fun as well.
Don’t make the mistake that hundreds of people make when it comes to renting a bike in Pattaya, don’t rent a big Harley or a supa bike for getting around Pattaya, they are big and heavy and very hard to navigate through traffic, they are for the highway or touring, a little 110cc scooter will leave them for dead when it comes to getting from A to B and parking, guaranteed.
TIPS FOR STAYING SAFE
The golden rules are –
- Go slowly at first until you get the feel of your machine, how it handles, how it breaks and how it turns and adjust your brakes if they are a little spungy. Speed and the inability to stop in time is always a factor in motorbike accidents.
- Watch where you are going, because in Pattaya it is very easy to get distracted by things that are happening around you, and while you are looking to the side, the vehicle in front of you may have stopped.
- Be aware of who may be coming around you when turning left or right.
- Don’t drink alcohol and ride.
- Don’t use the front brake first when stopping, use the rear brake first then the front brake second together, using the front brake first will cause the front wheel to either, slide out from under you or wrench the handle bars out of your hands causing you to crash.
WEARING A HELMET
Remember, it is Law to wear a helmet in Thailand when riding a motorbike and for passenger’s as well, so for your own safety please abide by this rule, also police love to fine tourist 400 baht for not wearing a helmet, so don’t give them an excuse to take your holiday money.
AVOIDING MOTOR BIKE FINES
One of the downsides of riding scooters and motorbikes in Pattaya is that tourist are targeted by police for fines, but there are precautions you can take to limit your monetary losses to police.
click the link below to read full article –
Any further questions can be posted below –
At the bottom of the page in the comments section.
Pattayaguide hopes you found this information helpful, please share.
This Article has been viewed (1558)