Stay in Thailand 15 months with Thai Education Visa

This Article has been viewed



A good alternative to the Thai double entry Tourist Visa is the Ed Visa, you can stay for up to 15 months if you play your cards right with no more border runs in that time and no need to leave the country if you don’t want too.

You can also apply for the Visa in your own country, at the nearest Thai Embassy, the advantage of that is, the single entry E D visa becomes a multiple entry visa and you can leave and enter Thailand as many times as you want.


In a Nutshell
  1. Research the Education Visa.
  2. Research Thai Language schools near you, sit in on a lesson if you can.
  3. Compare prices and service, 200 hrs will cost you between 15000 -25000 baht, everything is negotiable.
  4.  Ask if you really have to attend, you may not actually have to go if you don’t want too, though it is advised that you do.
  5. If you decide this is the Visa for you, make sure the deposit is refundable if your application to the Ministry of Education is rejected, a deposit of 5,000 Baht will be enough and the balance can be paid after you have the Ed visa in your Passport.
  6. Sign documents that are prepared for you by the school for the Ministry of Education, and wait a week or so for confirmation that you that you can study as a student.
  7. You will have to leave Thailand and go to one of the nearby Thai Embassies in Neighbouring countries to apply for the visa, the school can organize this for you with a tour company (advised), or you can go it alone if you wish. Prices will vary.
  8. Once you have your Ed Visa, re-enter Thailand, and you will have a 3 month stamp, go back to the school and pay the balance and begin Lessons if you want.
  9. Near the end of 3 months the school will prepare a letter for you to take to immigration, asking for an extension, pay 1.900 Baht for another 3 month stay and repeat this every 3 months there after.


The Education Visa may actually save you money in the long run if you are planning to stay a long time in Thailand, so it’s worth looking at the numbers and maybe more importantly, how much of your time will be saved by not travelling to borders and embassies every couple of months.

  • Applying for an E D visa in Thailand gives you a single entry and you will have to pay a fee if you want to leave the country without losing your visa.
  • Applying for an E D visa in your own country, at the nearest Thai Embassy, the E D visa becomes a multiple entry visa and you can leave and enter Thailand as many times as you want.


Please Support This Website

Help by –

1. Book a Hotel through us.

2. Make a Donation. (buy me a cup of coffee).

Help bring you all the best information you need about Pattaya.


Any further questions can be emailed to –

Pattayaguide hopes you found this information helpful, please share.